At the beginning of the week, Dr. Dunn mentioned the stages that coincide with the intensive schedule. I believe that the last day he mentioned was death or near death. I think I hit that stage on Thursday!
I was concerned that this class wouldn't teach me much in one week after spending almost 2 years working on a specialist degree in technology, where we utilized technology and related it to issues concerning leadership in the schools or within the district. Well, this class was great because it brought like minds together to share new technologies that have developed, how we use them, and even allowed us the opportunity to think of ways to incorporate technology in our classes, districts, etc.
I am good at learning new software and teaching software usage but I feel that I am lacking when it comes to the hardware side of technology. I have frequently thought about taking courses to get "certified" on different hardware features, but it appears that working in technology for my cash strapped school system is only a dream. The coordinator of technology told me one time that he can't afford to hire teachers with advanced degrees in his department because they earn too much money.
Fortunately, I do not feel that the Lord is leading me towards a career in technology. I have recently developed a strong desire for working in higher education. It might be because I love the time I have spent on campus, but I really would love to work for Liberty. It is a wonderful university! A friend of mine was in the first graduating class of the Law School here, along with her husband. I pray that God will continue to develop the various schools at Liberty because I have a child that wants to go to medical school one day!
Ok, going back to bed now.... for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment